Saturday, August 8, 2009

August 8th, 2009

Today has been a rather trying day...will finish post later, Kagemonster is screaming again.

He is finally sleeping, so I have a little time to update for today. So as I started saying earlier, today has been a trying day. Kagemonster's colic is getting worse. He was up for over 12 hours, most of it screaming. The only time he would stop was to eat, "burp" (he never actually burped, but he likes the bouncing and/or back patting, it makes him feel better), or sit in my lap, even Daddy's lap wasn't working well. He's in so much pain so we bought him some more Mylacon this morning...which was helping until the dogs stole the bottle and ate it. So now we have to go BACK to the store and get some more. Though to do that we are waiting till Kagemonster is almost awake, so we can lull him back to sleep with the car ride.

It didn't help that Daddy had a severe toothache all day, though he was wonderful and let me take a good 2-3 hour nap around 2pm. Before that I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep. Daddy had gotten 5 or more, so it was his turn, though I try not to make him watch Kage when he has a toothache, especially when there is a lot of crying because it makes the toothache worse.

Quick little story from last night. Norman Bates, our beagle/basset mix is stubborn and quite the butthole. So as I am going to bed around 3am, I take my pants off and was pulling back the covers...and Norman walks in. He trots over to the far side of the bed, looks right at me, and poops on the floor. I think I would have killed him if Kagemonster had been awake, but I had JUST gotten him to sleep so I didn't want to wake him with sounds of a bagel screaming. I'm standing there, jaw on the floor, trying to coax Norman to go outside as quickly as possible, but it didn't work. Fortunately Kage hasn't been sleeping in the bedroom, he sleeps in the living room with Daddy and I sleep in the bedroom with the door open so I can hear him. So now I have to pull everything out of the bedroom and steam clean the living hell out of it. I could still kill that dog, if I didn't love him.

We need a crate SOOOOOOO bad...obviously.

Right now Kagemonster is sleeping soundly in his carseat, I finally got him to sleep by sitting him in my lap while looking at my computer and he was so tired he just passed right out. I'm glad there is at least one position that he's comfortable in. Sleeping in his "command center" as we call it, makes me nervous for some reason, I don't know why considering it's supposed to keep him safe in even a car wreck...I think I just have issues.

Anyway, while the Kagemonster is sleeping I've got like a million chores to do, so I'll post again tomorrow. Oh, and I will be posting pictures soonish, I will have a digital camera next week, so I can take billions of pictures and torture everyone with them, even though at this point, nobody is reading this, as nobody has this address. But hopefully, someone will be reading soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment