Friday, August 14, 2009

So until today, Kagemonster REALLY lived up to his nickname. Though according to Daddy, his "real" nickname is Commander Kagemonkey. For here though, he is Kagemonster. Anyway, yesterday was Hell. His gas was so bad he couldn't sleep...he just screamed ALL DAY. Daddy and I were so frustrated, we couldn't make him feel better.

He woke up at 6am, and didn't go back to sleep until about 8:30pm. He was so tired he slept for a full 4 hours. We had switched Kagemonster to soy formula, it now seems that the soy was causing more problems than it was helping. Instead of healthy poop, it looks like he is passing bunny turds. They are not soft bunny turds either.

On top of all that, he somehow got Thrush, a yeast infection of the mouth. From everything I have read it just goes away on its own, but I will be making a doctor's appointment on Monday. I have to call them to get his circumcision appointment set up anyway.

Today he was a perfect angel. He had a little trouble falling asleep last night because of gas...if I can't get ALL of the gas out of his little tummy he just cries. I would lay him down and 5 minutes later he would scream. I'd pick him up, burp him again, rock him until he fell asleep, lay him back down, repeat. It literally took me 10 times of doing this before all the gas was out and he could sleep. This happened twice throughout the night, so not too bad, but I just feel so bad when he cries...it breaks my heart. When you adore something or someone as much as your own child, the last thing you can stand is seeing them in pain and knowing there is so little you can do. Even the gas drops don't work usually.

Today though, after last night, was wonderful. He is such a happy baby when he doesn't hurt. Everytime he'd get up to eat, he would chow down like a hippo, burp like a champ, snuggle for a little bit, and go back to sleep. Today was one of the best days we've had. Before we would have snuggle time he would just smile at me and Daddy and he was just so content, you could see it in his beautiful eyes. He was even happy for his bath, which he usually hates. He's not a fan of getting cold, so he usually screams at baths, but today he was such a trooper, loving the warm water. I covered him with a towel before I washed his back and hair that way he wouldn't get too cold, then when we were done, took off the towel, wrapped him in another towel with a blanket on top of that and snuggled until he was warm. He LOVES that. Naked snuggling seems to be a new favorite, much like peeing on his Pooh Jammies. This also seems to be something he enjoys.

I put him in the cutest Winnie the Pooh jammies, he wore them for about 3 hours...just between feedings and while I was changing him, I was stupid and didn't cover his peepee, and he peed ALL OVER his Pooh Jammies...this is the second or third time he's done this...everytime I put any of his Pooh Jammies on him. It never fails.

So right now he is sleeping like a little spikey haired angel. I'm still waiting on my digital camera, but I will upload pictures after we receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment