Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's almost 3am...

And all is quiet in the Kagemonster's domain. Daddy and I are still awake, though through no fault of the little one's. He's been sleeping so wonderfully for almost 12 hours (with the exception of waking up to eat, burp and change). When he woke up last time he was so sweet. I actually ended up waking him up just to make sure he didn't sleep too long without eating. I picked him up and he snuggled with me (gods I love that). We got all cozy in our rocking chair and he ate sooooo well. When I picked him up to burp him, he burped before I even got him to my shoulder. Then when I went to change him he laid on his changing table so good and never once screamed. Though he did end up peeing all over the changing pad while I was grabbing a diaper...I have yet to master the whole "diaper being ready" thing.

While changing him Daddy came over and messed his hair all up and gave him kisses. Oh how he LOVES his kisses, especially Daddy kisses. He opens his mouth as wide as he can when he thinks you're going to kiss him, it's so sweet. He then laid his head on my shoulder the second I picked him and and he fell right to sleep. Since we laid him down he's only stirred once or twice, which was probably either little gas bubbles or a dream or something.

I was talking to my mom yesterday and she said the most awesome and true thing I've ever heard. We were talking about when my mom and dad came to visit us in the hospital right after the Kagemonster was born. She made the comment that, "I have never seen a man fall so in love with his child as fast as he did." And she is so right. I haven't ever seen that before either. My best friend, Roadrage had a baby in January. Throughout her whole pregnancy her boyfriend (whose name I will come up with at a later time) was so supportive and excited, but the second the baby was born, it was almost like he stopped caring. Now I understand that he had to work...but Roadrage was actually sleeping in the living room, on the floor so her boyfriend wouldn't be woken up. He almost always refuses to change diapers or feed him too. Do you know how many times I've changed that little boy's diaper or fed him because the boyfriend didn't want to? Yeah, I don't either. Right after the Kagemonster was born the boyfriend didn't want to hold him, and flat out refused to watch him for less than a minute while I ran out to my car...now this doesn't seem quite fair to me, but whatever, I'm just glad that he's not with me, because I would have kicked him to the curb.

I worried for a little while that Daddy would be like that, mainly because that's what I had seen of my friends that had kids, and while Daddy was wonderful to me during my pregnancy, he didn't do TOO much with the Kagemonster in womb. He did talk to him a little, rubbed my tummy some, but he was much more focused on me, which really was a good thing. But the connection that those two share...it's amazing. I love just watching Daddy hold Kagemonster. He just stares at Daddy with so much love and adoration that it almost makes me cry, and if I think about it too much, I totally will cry. Okay, so that's enough of the sappy stuff for this post.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment