Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pure Exhaustion

Now I've been a night person ever since I was about 13. I'm one of those people that likes to go to bed around 3 or 4 am, sometimes later. I never realized how bad that would screw me after I had a baby. Especially the Kagemonster. He's already learned the difference between night and day, which would be amazing for most parents, but not so much for me. So Kage was up ALL DAY yesterday, from 6am to around 8pm.

To be continued...I've gotta eat.

Okay, back. Of course it's a day or so later, but ya know. Anyway, so I've been a night person forever and Kage already knows the difference between night and day so I'm straight screwed. He has been sleeping so good at night, which is wonderful, but I have the hardest time going to bed at a decent hour, so it really kills me. He usually falls asleep as the sun is going down, around 7:30-8:30pm. He will then wake up between 11:30 and 12:30, this first stretch is really long. The next time he will get up anywhere from 2:30 to 4:30, and the last time he wakes up between 5am and 6am. Now I ALWAYS hope he wakes up at 5am. Because if he does, I can feed, burp and change him as the sun is coming up and get him back down before he realizes it's light outside. If not, I am in Hell. If he realizes the sun is up, his eyes will pop open and he will lay there screaming until it goes down. If he doesn't, I'll usually get until 8:00am to 8:30am to sleep. And let me tell you, that two hours is a lifesaver, especially if I didn't get to sleep until 4am.

No comments:

Post a Comment